Thursday 20 October 2011

Baby, it's cold outside


The weather certainly is getting colder and it is a ‘look for a jacket’ season which is an excuse to shop… 
Growing up in Scotland I usually can shake off the coldness that set everyone reaching for a jumper. I recall a housemate shouting at me because I went out in the snow wearing a cardigan. I naturally am warm bodied with very cold feet; I put this down to the excess fat I have stored in my body all ready for winter.

Autumn is one of the best time of the year where the leaves start falling and the colours are amazing golden reddish, for me this mean more hot drinks and more reason to stay indoors eating home-baked treats whilst watching nonsense on Sky. Most of the good TV series start in autumn so there’s plenty to watch during the long & cold nights which bring me to my favourite hobby in the winter… BATHS! 

having a bath is a form of art, you must have the bathwater at the right temperate, candles lit in positions that you can see where the shampoo, condition, soap and razor are but not in a position where you can close your eyes and think (or in my case catch up on e-mails). We cannot forget the most important question for the bath… 
What to put in the bath?!
This is a very, very important question and requires planning, a great deal of thought and products from Lush (www.lush.co.uk
One of my favourite cocktails in the winter is Blue Skies bubble bar, butterball ballistic and tramp shower gel along with Lily savon soap.

Here’s one you lot might like… mermaid cocktail (thanks to the ladies who rocks) 
Big blue balletic, some Sunnyside bubble bar, some you’ve been mangoed bath melt and something I’ve forgotten! It makes the bath look pretty and smell lovely.

I have a small(ish) collection of Lush mainly stored on the top of my wardrobe and lot of shower gels that I keep in the bathroom for my moods. Today I used candy cane soap with glogg shower gel from Lush’s limited winter range in the shower. 
I have very dry skin in the winter so soaps from lush the mainly the only things that help me a lot and I’ve met a lot of people and been told I smell lovely :D 

I’m in university today and been sniffed by some strange people…. I’ve decided on the question for the history dissertation which is on Milan 1880. This will be strictly ‘desk’ research meaning I can’t go around asking people or send them questionnaire. Just good old fashioned research! Still this should enable me to visit the action again hearing loss library in London (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/rnidlib.shtml) and the British deaf historical society in Warrington (http://www.bdhs.org.uk/). 
I’m sadly looking forward to learning more about Milan in 1880 and the stories surrounding oralism and the banning of sign language. 

I came across an interesting article and this is one of the good examples of why sign language is fun and unique-  http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/features/sign_names.shtml
I was at university today working on an essay but my mind wandered off and I started to listen to my ipod, muttering Westlife lyrics to myself and started to think about being a teenager again madly and crazy about Mark Feehily!

I’m going on a hunt tomorrow for a new coat.. Wish me luck as I’m fussy!

Wrap up warm as I’ll be staying indoors indulging in my favourite winter hobby!

Interesting fact 3: I like marshmallows dipped in chocolate with a smartie on top

No comments:

Post a Comment